Saturday, March 25, 2017

The Birth of the Drive In Movie Review

The Marx Brothers in "A Night at the Opera"
Hi, my name is Brian.
My wife Bryn and I started the Drive in Movie Review back in 2014 and I feel like we've barely scratched the surface of what we wanted to achieve.
In case you don't know this yet old movies are often the best movies. The movies of today can still be great of course and I consume plenty of modern media, but in many ways old movies take the cake in my book. It's true old movies rarely get my adrenaline pumping the way new movies do, but they make me feel a much broader and more meaningful array of emotions. Also they are hilarious, and not always because they are supposed to be.
   
Check this movie out, it is fantastic!
There is a scene in Frank Capra's classic, "You Can't Take it With You" where a tax collector is explaining why we pay taxes. In that scene he says very casually, "There are 48 States..." he goes on to explain why this is significant, but I don't think I've ever heard the rest of his speech because I always laugh when he says that. The social norms of the past were so different that situations that were normal in the past are laughably strange to us nowadays.
The reason we started this blog was to share the joy we find in old movies with new generations. As with all art forms there are winners and losers among old movies.
I'll be anything you know the quote that goes here
I always wanted to get into old movies but it seemed like a lot of the ones I saw didn't interest me. When I got married my wife introduced me to the amazing movies I had been missing. I realized that what I had needed was someone to point me in the right direction, someone who could let me know which old movies were worth watching.

Casablanca was a movie I had always heard about, I even know most of the famous quotes from it but I had never had a desire to see it because I had no idea what it was about or what made it good. The day that I saw it my cinematic world changed. It is simply incredible. I realized people needed a way to know more about these classic movies so they could see how great they are.
My hope is that one day people looking for quality old movies to watch will come and check our recommendations because I have no intention of putting up reviews for movies that aren't worth your time.
I hope you enjoy our content. Grab some popcorn and get ready to find some amazing classic movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment